Allegra, we ♥ you!

(Photo by Hank O'Neal)
"I've found that one of the best ways to stay on a diet is to have very little food in the house. But I also have three children, including a son who is very skinny and always hungry. Instead of keeping only low-cal foods in the kitchen, I had to learn a way to walk past the refrigerator very quickly. Every time the refrigerator door opened my willpower disappeared.
After some time spent fighting the urge to eat, I discovered that my son had a large padlock, and I persuaded him to put a chain around the refrigerator door and lock it up.
This terrific idea worked well for a while, because every time I wanted something to eat I had to go and get him to unlock it for me. It was hard to explain, though, when people came by and saw the refrigerator chained up...
Because I get up before the children most mornings, the locked-up refrigerator became more and more inconvenient and more and more annoying. One day, out of sheer frustration, I sawed off the lock.
That was the end of the padlock diet."
Abstract of 'The Dancers’ Body Book' by Allegra Kent.
:-)


0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]
<< Startseite